Monday, July 09, 2007

I should have had a touring business

Our friends tease us that we should have opened a bed and breakfast. Now I'm thinking that I could also be a tour guide. Our friends from Red Lake wanted to go to Scotland and left it to me to plan their itinerary. Well, I'm comfortable planning tours of Northern Ireland but I broadened my horizon with the Scotland trip. It was sort of fun finding tours, trains, ferries, accommodations and sites of interest in Edinburgh. The sail and sail from Belfast harbour involves 4 transfers so I decided to make the trip with them and show them around Edinburgh for a few days. I also got to spend time with our friends the Friesens. I win the prize for their most frequent Canadian visitor. While I was away my 2nd cousin from Winnipeg arrived and Randy got to cover again for me - must learn not to double book my services! Well, tomorrow my cousin from England arrives for 5 days and we are planning a stay at Portstewart at a guesthouse there. I'll update later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home