Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Saw three ships come sailing in


Our last couple of weeks have been so busy that it has seemed like a blur! I didn't want to forget to tell you about going to Belfast Maritime Festival. We went down to the harbour to see a number of tall ships which have been used if filming movies like Saving Private Ryan and Shackleton's adventures. The sister ship to the Titanic was also there along with a ship doing an reenactment of the ships used to send the Irish to America during the potato famine. We had coffee and great desserts on a Danish tall boat and were full of samples from the food marque - even had homemade bramley apple ice cream. We took home great cheeses and a loaf of Guinness bread (made with 27% Guinness) I will miss living so close to the sea!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Guys,

I can't believe how much you have been able to tour and do while in Ireland. When we come back I think we will hire you as tour guides as I think you have seen more than we have. Sounds like you are really making the most of your time there. May God bless you for the remainder of your time.
Dave, Alicia & Sarah

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home