Thursday, February 22, 2007

You call these cookies?

I have been busy baking with my 4kg stock of Chipit chocolate chips hand- delivered with love from friends and family from Canada. The other day I was in the Lidl's store with a Spanish friend and her 4-year-old son. He saw "Americano-style" chocolate chip cookies and asked his mother for them. I said that I would bake some for him instead. The next time we visited I proudly brought him a big batch of cookies fresh from the oven confident that he would be very pleased. We had dinner together and when he was excused from the table he went triumphantly to the package to claim his prize. Seconds later he came from the living room with the most disgusted look on his face (a look we'll never forget!) and said something in Spanish. His parents were embarrassed but Randy and I just laughed. Apparently he wanted hard cookies and these were soft. I reassured him that they would be good in a day or so if his mom set them out to dry. I talked to her the other day and she said they turned out very well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi we just discovered that you too have a blog. It has been interesting reading. I must admit that we had never heard about the new suit in the Lagan either! We were talking to mum and dad earlier and they were saying they had a lovely day with you. Talk to you soon - maybe on skype next time.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home